Mission Hill got its name from the early Scottish Missionaries who had a mission in this area. Hence the estate is referred to Mission Hill. The estate formally came into being between 1903 to 1919 as indicated in the Survey & Settlement Reports of C. A. Bell, ICS 1901-1903 & H.C.V. Philpot 1919-1921.
Mission Hill is spread over sprawling 951 acres of land amidst lush greenery surrounded by forests, mountains, streams and lofty Himalayan peaks. Mission Hill produces quality teas with a distinct characters.