Who we are?
We are a company registered under the laws of Singapore, having registered office at 5 Coleman Street, #02-17 PENINSULA EXCELSIOR SHOPPING CENTRE SINGAPORE 179805. We are engaged in the business of operating, managing and providing products and services under the brand name ‘Teabox’. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we are the ‘data controller’. Our data protection officer can be contacted at [email protected]
What types of data we collect?
We will process following categories of personal data if you choose to provide it to us:
- contact information such as name, address, telephone number
- date of birth
- account settings
- encrypted payment card information
We will process the following categories of personal data if you make a purchase
- order history
- delivery information
- payment history
We will process the following categories of personal data connected to your cookies
- click history
- navigation and browsing history
We will collect the following categories of personal data when you engage with our marketing campaign on external platforms
- Your name, age, email id, contact information, and any additional information you would provide
- navigation and browsing history
Personal Data Obtained From Other Sources. We may supplement the information that we collected from you (such as your email address) with additional information about you obtained from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about business people and companies (including an individual’s name, job title, business contact information, and company information). This helps us update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
How we use the data collected?
We will use your personal data to manage your purchase online at Teabox by processing your orders and returns via our online services and send you notifications of delivery status or in the event of any problems with the delivery of your items.
We will use your personal data to manage your payments.
We will also use your data in order to handle complaints and quality matters for products.
Your personal data is being used to identify you and to validate your legal age for shopping online and to confirm your address with external partners.
We want to offer you different payment alternatives and will carry out analysis in order to find out what payment alternatives are available to you, including your payment history and credit checks.
We will use your personal data to send you marketing offers, information surveys and invitations through e-mails, text messages, phone calls and postal mail.
In order to optimise your experience of Teabox we will provide you with relevant information, recommended products, send you reminders of products left in your shopping bag and send you personalised offers. All these great services are based on your previous purchases, what you have clicked on and information you have submitted to us.
We will use your personal data to create and manage your personal account in order to give you a personalised and relevant experience at Teabox.
We will provide you with your order history, details around your orders and enable you to handle your account settings. We will also provide you with easy ways to maintain accurate and updated information such as contact details and payment information.
We will enable you to save items in your shopping bag and enable you to rate and review the products you've purchased from Teabox. In order to provide you with relevant product recommendations, Teabox will process your navigation and browsing on our digital platforms, your shopping history and product reviews as well as the data you submitted to us through your account.
Do we share your data with third parties?
To achieve the purposes mentioned in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, we must give access to your personal data to entities of the Teabox and to third parties that provide us with support in the services that we offer your, i.e.:
- Technological service providers
- Logistic, transport and delivery partners and service providers
- Providers of customer support related services
- Advertising and marketing related partners and service providers
What’s the legal basis for using your personal information?
We will only collect, use and share your Personal Information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be because:
- You have provided your consent to us using the Personal Information (e.g. where you provide us with marketing consents or opt-in to optional additional services or functionality);
- Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. providing you with our Products, and services, creating your user account);
- Our use of your Personal Information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organisation, subject to your interests and fundamental rights. In these cases we will look after your information at all times in a way that is proportionate and respects your privacy rights and you have a right to object to processing as explained in “your rights” section below;
- Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have (e.g. the disclosure of information to law enforcement or tax authorities).
If you would like to find out more about the legal basis for which we process Personal Information please contact us.
How long do we save your data?
We will keep your data for as long as you have an active Teabox account.
You have the right to terminate your account at any time, if you choose to do so your account will cease to exist and you will be considered inactive. We will keep your personal data if there are any legal requirements and if there is an open dispute.
After your account has been terminated your data will be deleted.
What are your rights?
If you are a resident in the EU, you may have certain rights in relation to the Customer Data we hold about you, which we detail below. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances where Teabox is holding authority of the data and legally/contractually allowed as per the local laws as set out in more detail below. We also set out how to exercise those rights.
These rights include:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; or
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
Please note that we will require you to provide us with proof of identity and address before responding to any requests to exercise your rights. We must respond to a request by you to exercise those rights without undue delay and at least within one month (although this may be extended by a further two months in certain circumstances). To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at [email protected].